As you are aware, we will be learning from home for at least two weeks. Our teachers have been updating their Google Classrooms and adding lessons to help students access learning while they are at home. In order for online learning to occur, your child will need access to a device like a tablet, Chromebook, or computer. If your student does not have a proper device, we will allow parents the opportunity to come by the school and check out a Chromebook. Tomorrow, March 17th from 10:00-1:00, and again from 6:00-8:00 tomorrow evening, grade levels will be set up in the gym for device checkout. A parent or guardian must be present, in order to properly check out a Chromebook.
If you do not currently have internet services, several free options have become available. A paper copy of these internet options will be available during the pickup times as well.
If online learning is not feasible for your family, please contact the school and we will have a paper copy for you. However, paper copies need to be picked up on Wednesday between 10 and 1 and again from 6-7 that evening. We will need an additional day to run paper copies. If you will need a paper copy, please let the school know by calling 646-3442.
Free Internet Options
- Charter Communications has announced that they will extend 60 days of free Spectrum Internet access at 100mb/s to all new customers in households with K-12 or higher education students starting on Monday, March 16th, 2020. To sign up for free Internet access, Spectrum has set up a hotline at 1-844-488-8395.
- Charter/Spectrum is offering free public wifi through May 15th, where they currently have hotspots. https://www.spectrum.com/wifi-hotspots
- T-Mobile – current customers with data plans will have unlimited data for next 60 days.
- Sprint – customers with metered data plans will receive unlimited data per month for 60 days and an additional 20GB of mobile hotspot data for 60 days.
- School parking lots and public libraries offer wifi.